[SOLVED] Spreadsheet Import - Suppress Auto ID Column

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mikekoh
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Spreadsheet Import - Suppress Auto ID Column

Post by mikekoh » 20 Jan 2013 05:49

I imported a node list from a spreadsheet with the following format:

Code: Select all

Id;Label;EntityType
31847102;Lu;Person
After the data is imported, I see two Id columns, one from the data I imported and another that's automatically created by Gephi. Consequently, when I try to import the edge list, I get the following error:
Edges table needs a 'Source' and 'Target' column with node ids.
Anybody know how to fix this?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spreadsheet Import - Suppress Auto ID Column

Post by admin » 20 Jan 2013 11:39

Can you show your edge list? This message is not related to what you previously imported. You need to have a "Source" and a "Target" column while importing an edge list.

mikekoh

Re: Spreadsheet Import - Suppress Auto ID Column

Post by mikekoh » 21 Jan 2013 04:32

Thanks for the reply, but I figured out the issue. The node and edge list files I was using were created from a program, and the files apparently were not being recognized as real CSV files by Gephi. When I copied the content of each file over to a text editor and saved the new versions, the import executed successfully.

sergisan2

Re: [SOLVED] Spreadsheet Import - Suppress Auto ID Column

Post by sergisan2 » 05 Feb 2013 17:00

i am merger to networks. I have a problem that some nodes have the same ID how can i do to make that when i import the second network have different IDs? but have the original edges?