Gephi stalls after loading any graph. Wasn't happening befor

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
griffsgraphs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gephi stalls after loading any graph. Wasn't happening befor

Post by griffsgraphs » 16 Apr 2013 20:28

Hi, I've checked my java version and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Any ideas on why Gephi would now be stalling? I've tried a fresh install of Gephi also. I am on OSX 1.7.5. To be specific, I can load the graph and it determines the number of nodes and edges but it doesn't render. anything and my mouse is stuck with the blue loading ball.

bash-3.2$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_05"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode

Thanks.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gephi stalls after loading any graph. Wasn't happening b

Post by admin » 16 Apr 2013 22:58

Hi,

We have a critical bug with Java7 on MacOS, see this bug:
https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues/748

griffsgraphs

Post by griffsgraphs » 14 May 2013 20:22

Has this been resolved yet? Just curious how things are going... any update would be good. Is the link you provided the only place I can check for on-going status reports? Thanks.

griffsgraphs

Post by griffsgraphs » 30 Jul 2013 17:48

admin wrote:Hi,

We have a critical bug with Java7 on MacOS, see this bug:
https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues/748

Hi,

Has any progress been made on this - I am at a stand still with Gephi related work as nothing still works even with new updates both with Gephi and with Java. The link you posted seems to have not made any progress over the last few months? Any ideas or links to places which have suitable work arounds. The documentation on "installing Java 6" on Mac OSX on the main gephi.org website is dated as it the Java Utilities no longer exist in /Application/Utilities in OSX 10.7.5+.

Please help.

Griffsgraphs.